Seals Construction is seeking an Estimator with commercial construction experience. Estimators will work on hard bids and negotiated commercial projects within our core markets: education, healthcare, industrial, and municipal.
- Experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Cost estimates for self-performed work – concrete (site & structural), rough carpentry, wood & metal-stud framing, drywall
- Develop scope packages for subcontractor bids
- Experience writing and negotiating subcontracts
- Prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost/budget information to the client/owner.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFPs) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Ability to develop business with new and existing customers.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- BIM or CAD experience
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (Timberline or similar), Estimating software (PrimeBid or similar), Project Management software (Viewpoint Vista or similar), Scheduling software (Primavera or similar)
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
Preferred but not required
*Seals Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 4+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- BIM or CAD experience
- LEED accreditation
- Prior OSHPD experience
- Prior DSA experience